The HCS System Notebook is a sophisticated piece of software for
bridge players who want to document their system and/or practice
bidding. Whether you are a keen beginner or a world-class expert,
this software will help you improve this vital part of your game.
HCS System Notebook
DEFINE YOUR SYSTEM
- define all the bids in your system, or only those that you
want to work on
- define bids you play differently based on different vulnerabilities
- define bids that change their meaning in 2nd, 3rd or 4th seat
- define bids that change if you are a passed hand
- specify if a call is forcing, a signoff, invitational, etc.
- specify if a call is alertable, both locally and in WBF events
- Define one or more meanings for each call. For example, a bid might be a weak 2 in hearts or spades,
or show 12-14 or 18+ HCP. For each meaning of each call you may define:
- a short description (this is the only mandatory field)
- a long description
- the minimum and maximum number of HCP in the entire hand (e.g. 15-17 NT)
- the minimum and maximum number of cards in each suit (e.g. at least 5 spades)
- the minimum and maximum number of HCP in each suit
- the minimum and maximum number of controls (A=2,K=1) in each suit
- the minimum and maximum number of controls in the entire hand
- specific honor combinations allowed in each suit (e.g. A or K but not both)
- specific distributions (all 560!)
PRINT YOUR SYSTEM
Organize your system notes to suit your needs - e.g. you might put all the
strong bids in one chapter, or you might want all the bids at
the 2-level together, strong and weak combined. Choose what information
to print about each call (included or excluded honors, controls, HCP,
distributions, etc.). You may choose to print headers and footers, the
date and time, and page numbers. You can select bids and save them in a
group, and then select the group later to save time when re-printing.
GENERATE PRACTICE HANDS
You can generate practice hands for one or more calls
in your system - excellent for areas of your system
where you (or your partner!) have problems remembering, or
for sequences that don't come up very often.
You can generate 30 practice hands for this sequence in 5 seconds!
|1C 16+ HCP
||1D 0-9 HCP, 0-2 controls
|1H 19+, asks
||2C 2 controls
||3S 3+ spades
Print the hands you have generated, or save them
in a file and print them later. West hands print on one page,
East hands on another, ready for bidding. More experienced players
can print practice hands and discuss with their partner which bids
are too strong or too weak for a given bid. This is an excellent
way of making sure you are on the same wavelength as your partner.
EASY TO INSTALL! EASY TO LEARN! EASY TO USE!
The software comes with:
- a comprehensive on-line tutorial to get you started quickly and easily
- a Reference Summary
- extensive on-line help
- a sample system
- get better results by avoiding bidding misunderstandings
- have more confidence by ensuring you understand what each bid means
- avoid arguments with your partner as to the meaning of a bid
or whether or not it is forcing
- have fun by practicing bidding even if you both have busy schedules
and/or live a long way away from each other
DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN USE THE SOFTWARE TO IMPROVE YOUR BIDDING
- study and learn new bids, or bids you have
trouble remembering, by printing out the information you
have entered and reviewing it
- test if you remember a bid by printing out
selected auctions but not the other information, and
see if you can fill in what each bid means
- practice specific sequences by generating
hands and bidding them
- you can even practice bidding by yourself, and bid both hands
- more experienced partnerships can take the ultimate challenge.
Generate hands with (say) 13+ HCP in one hand and 6+ HCP in the other.
Print 2 copies and have each partner write down the entire auction
for each pair of hands. Compare your answers and discuss any differences.
Repeat with other types of hands. A great partnership exercise!
HARDWARE AND SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- The minimum configuration this software has been tested is
486 25mHz processor with 8mb of memory. This does not mean it will
not work on a lesser configuration, only that it has not been tested.
- Windows 3.1x, WindowsNT 3.x or 4.x, Windows 95 or Windows 98
- a printer that can print different size characters - this software
will work with most Laser, InkJet, Bubble Jet and dot matrix printers
- supports both black and white as well as color printers
$ 74.95 U.S., plus shipping, and taxes if applicable.
For orders to the U.S. or Canada we take personal checks and checks and money orders in U.S.$.
If you buy HCS System Notebook, you can add HCS CCEditor
to your order for $ 12.00 instead of the regular price of $ 19.95.
Outside the U.S. and Canada we take certified checks and money orders in U.S. dollars.
How to order, including ordering on-line.
DO YOU WANT TO SEE MORE?
You can download a detailed description of the HCS System Notebook by clicking on the item below.
This is implemented as a Windows Help File. You need to have access to PKUNZIP, and unzip
this file after downloading. Then simply view it as you would any other help file.
Download HCS-USA System Notebook Detailed Description
ACBL Reviews the HCS System Notebook
The Bridge World Reviews the HCS System Notebook
HCS-USA Home Page
Convention Card Editor
Classic Card Editor
Please email questions to: